Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Photo taken by kind fellow walker
Islay's first ever photo - isn't it good? The white 'tube' is a replica whale jawbone
I just wanted to pop in briefly to wish you a wonderful New Year.  I hope it is happy and healthy and all that you could wish for.

We have been enjoying a lovely family holiday, managing to catch up with lots of relatives which has been wonderful, despite a chest infection (Islay), ear infection (Katie) and colds (the rest of us)*.  The various illnesses on top of the happy holiday chaos, plus Islay's birthday just six days before Christmas, has kept me away from here - but I will be back!

In the meantime take care and  I hope you get to enjoy some fresh air and beautiful views like we did this morning.  We had a stunning New Year's day walk up Berwick Law.  And now I can hear the rain pounding against the windows........we'll light the fire shortly, snuggle together for some games followed by a simple family meal.  A very good start to the year.

* Thank goodness for antibiotics.  Poor little girls. Islay is pretty close to fully better but Katie is still feeling the need for a lot of mummy cuddles and I think it may be a few more nights before she remembers how to sleep properly.  I do love my snuggles with her and just need to remember to treasure them and not feel frustrated that they rather hamper getting on with things, not to mention sleep.
 photo forestpoppybottomofbloglinks_zps31b0f5ee.jpg

10 comments:

Mrs. Micawber said...

A very happy New Year to you all. Poor Katie - hope she gets back on track soon!

The kids are growing up so quickly. :)

Louise said...

Happy New Year :)
Some lovely family photos, hope you are all well soon.

Jackie said...

You can't beat a walk up the Law! The views from the top are stunning, in whatever weather! I can see the Law from my living room window and could see quite a few hardy souls climbing up and down it today. Happy New Year to you and your family ~ hope it's a good one for you all :O)x

Katy Cameron said...

I hope you were singing 'The only way is up' there ;o)

I do love how you two have that 'concerned' look on your faces that exactly matches my dad's in each and every photo my mum or I has ever taken of him with his camera ;o)

saffa said...

I do hope you all feel better soon, poor Islay and Katie but at least you are on hand for cuddles, that must be a great comfort to them. Happy new year to you all and I hope it includes lots more lovely walks and happy times for you all :) safxxx

the running hare said...

Happy New Year to you all Julie. What lovely photos. Hope everyone feels better soon!

Rafael's Mum said...

Happy New Year to everyone Julie. I hope that everyone is feeling ok again. As always breathtaking photos, keeping me going in the absence of the real thing! xx

haggiz said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Julie. Hope you're all feeling better soon. Julie x

Down by the sea said...

Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year. Hope you are all now fully recovered. Those of wonderful pictures of all the family.
Sarah x

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

A very Happy New Year to you and your very handsome family - you're all looking the picture of health in the photos - maybe it's the rosy cheeks from all that wonderful fresh air - but really sorry to read about all the sickness, I hope it has all passed by now. Here's to a fabulous 2014 :) Bethx