Thursday, 8 May 2014

Yellowcraig beach in haar
















Yellowcraig beach in the haar - doesn't it look gloomy?  Actually, it wasn't so bad and, as usual, we all had a lovely time.  Our weekends are very precious just now as John is only home from Friday night until early Sunday early.  Gosh, it is good to see him when he gets home! 

In amongst all the many things being organised and sorted for moving we are trying to ensure the kids have lots of attention and time for us all to be together - life is a bit of a juggling act just now (I suppose it always is, only even more so at the moment) but we will hopefully be settled up north by mid June (either in our own house or a rental).  We're due to move out of here in less than three weeks...........sounds pretty scary when I put it like that!  My parents are a huge help and the kids and I will probably move in with them for a wee while before we all head up to the Black Isle.  We need a few more pieces to, hopefully, drop into place before we have firm plans.  I'm hoping I'll feel a bit more in control if and when those last bits of the puzzle are safely secured.  Fingers crossed and hold thumbs*.

Our Susie is one now and has grown into such a lovely dog.  She has a beautiful nature and can run all day - just what we were hoping for. We all really enjoy having her as part of our family - except perhaps poor Lily cat who doesn't get cross with Susie, so still gets chased.  It seems really unfair for Lily but I have no idea how to stop Susie - clearly a quick chase is a lot of fun.  And tips?

I'll try not to bother you too much with tales of moving but it is tricky not to mention it at all, it does take up rather a lot of my thoughts at the moment!  Thanks for bearing with me, and I do so much appreciate your comments and thoughts - they really do help.

* Hold thumbs - the South African version of fingers crossed, I always do both to be on the safe side!
 photo forestpoppybottomofbloglinks_zps31b0f5ee.jpg

8 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Alvin is one now and just like Susie and I don't know what we did without him. Oh and keep talking about the move it is exciting

Louise said...

Like Jen above, I don't mind you talking about the move! I know it's a stressful time for you, but it is exciting too. Lovely family photos :)

saffa said...

Don't worry dear Julie, all will be right in the end. I felt the same when my boyfriend was living in Torquay, we had the same problem, commuting each weekend $ hours and then moving him back, so much stress but defiantly feels brilliant when your back together again. I shall defiantly keep my fingers crossed for you all :)

Down by the sea said...

Wonderful pictures even though it feels as if it might be on the cold side. The children and dog have grown so much! The house move seems to have crept up quickly, hope all goes well in the final weeks. Sarah x

Veronica Roth said...

Oh boy oh boy, busy days ahead. I absolutely hate moving and so completely sympathise and am holding my thumbs for you too. (which by the way, is a typical Czech way to do it too) It's super hard to have John home only on weekends...I know...welcome to the long distant relationship juggle. Happily it won't last too long for you now. Robert and I are apart again for a few weeks till I get to OXON. (boo) We really have to figure out where we want to live when we grow up! Big hugs. X

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

The entire gang, children and dogs, are all looking so grown up!

Good luck with that move x

Mrs. Micawber said...

I was thinking "What a handsome dog!" She really is beautiful. The beach looks lovely too - haar and grey skies and all. I like those twisted trees.

Good luck with all the moving fuss and bother, and I hope it goes as smoothly as possible. It's okay to mention it! :)

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

It all sounds a bit crazy, but like the end is in sight, I'm hoping it runs as smoothly as it can and please make sure you look after yourself, it's too easy to be so busy with everyone else you might run yourself down, I know you probably don't get much choice though. Bethx